Monday, May 31, 2010

I am Lame


Happy Memorial Day. I should be finishing up the 7 Hills of Kirkland ride right about now, but instead I'm wasting time online. I am lame. I've done the 7 Hills for quite a few years in a row, now I've broken the streak.

Woke up this morning to steady rain and super soaked roads. Weather reports predicted rain all day, though here in the Seattle area, they're often wrong. It's wet out, but not all that bad.

The thought of 50+ miles in the rain didn't seem too appealing at 7:00 AM. Far to easy to bag the idea. Plus $50 (though to a good cause) to basically ride around my neighborhood made it even easier to skip it. In the past, I've met up with other folks to share the ride. This year, I'd be solo - more excuse to sleep in - nobody expecting me.

Don't get me wrong, this is a cool charity ride, the only one I ride every year. I do the 40 mile option - plus ride to the event and usually ride home as well. 3000+ feet of elevation gain. Giant brownies at the food stop. About 1500 riders join the fun. Minus 1 this year. I am lame.

Oh well, maybe I'll do the 100 mile option next year to cover my lameness for this year.

5 comments:

  1. Giant brownies would make this very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are becoming more sensible as time goes on, my friend. Why ride in the rain when you don't have to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe so - but I did miss the giant brownies.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make your own brownies, and while they're cooling, take a ride around the neighborhood. Angst solved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm......good idea.

    Maybe if I could somehow bake brownies while riding - that would solve two problems at once. Sort of a perpetual motion machine.

    ReplyDelete