Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pittsburgh Dirty Dozen - Climbs O Plenty




I noticed the report on the 30th running of the Pittsburgh Dirty Dozen via the Bicycle Times website today.  Posted video of the 2010 version, appears to be a local Pittsburg show reporting on it, cool viewing.  Pittsburgh has some mighty steep hills, some complete with cobblestones.  All around painful fun for all.

Interesting concept with this event, only the hills are timed/scored, so a few folks going for the win - while the general mob just attempting to survive.  Everyone riding for their own reason/satisfaction.  Fantastic.

Since I grew up in the New Jersey, I also enjoyed the look of the neighborhoods, trees, etc.  Brings me back to my east coast roots.  Would be cool to ride this event one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment