Sunday, November 15, 2015

Late to the Party - Courtney Barnett





Always cool to discover new music - even in my advanced age - and even if you're a bit late to the party. While flipping through the TV channels recently, noticed Courtney Barnett on Austin City Limits. Thought it was pretty cool and watched the entire gig, noticing one of the songs I dug hearing on KEXP months earlier, but not knowing who it was. Turns out that was 'Pedestrian at Best', off her 'Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit' album.

Afterwards, did a little Google searching and found this earlier show recorded live by KEXP. What she's doing is cool - lyrics, song structure and guitar playing wise. Mixture of twangy alt rock, with some great energy infused.

I dig it, maybe you will too. Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment