Monday, August 23, 2010

Duthie Helmet Cam Action




Last Saturday, son Ian and I hit Duthie Mountain Bike Park once again. This time, old riding pal Brian came along for the ride, first visit to Duthie for him. He dug the place - so did Ian and I (again). Super dry, dusty conditions made for some slippery sections. Not much mileage in this park, but looping the trails together or taking multiple runs makes up for that. The trails themselves are fun enough to give 'em a go multiple times. We haven't even messed with the wooden freeride type structures yet, we'll save that for future trips.

As an added bonus to the festivities, Brian brought along his new helmet cam. Video clips courtesy of Brian's bird eye view, since the cam was mounted to his noggin the entire afternoon. That's Ian and I popping into view out front. We based the ride on Ian's pace, but he can rip some sections pretty good for 11 years old.

Hack edit job by me, music by Rush, surprise crash ending by Brian - complete with cam ripped off helmet - he and the camera survived. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'd love it. Good job Ian. Thinking I need to get a helmet cam, thinking of a few crashes that would have been neat to see on cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the ride thru the woods, good job, nice trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The helmet cam thing looks like a great toy - I want one.

    ReplyDelete